Wednesday, 15 January 2014

Back at 'er

Hello and welcome to my blog! I've never blogged before, so this is an exciting new adventure in documenting my schooling and teaching experience. I should have started this last week, but better late than never, right? I'm near the end of my second week back in school after the holiday break and I'm very glad to be back in class with all of my classmates and friends. I feel like we have all become really close and I look forward to working with everyone for the next year and a half and even after that! 

This semester I am taking courses including Professional Teacher, English Language Arts Across the Curriculum, ICT, and Child Development and Learning Processes. I'm excited to learn many techniques and methods for better teaching, including technology. This blog is the first step towards using technology in teaching on a daily basis. I must admit that I don't know too much about technology, but I am really excited to learn. I know the basics such as computers, PowerPoint and have some experience with the SMARTboard. Oh, and I also own a smart phone. Doesn't everyone? I love the idea of using technology in the classroom, however I feel that there is a limit. One of the biggest things that I want to learn this semester is how to find the balance between using technology and traditional teaching methods. I don't want to have to completely rely on technology, but would love to use it and discover new programs. 

I'll be blogging more throughout the semester so stay tuned!!

-Brittany
(I just wrote my first blog :-D)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on starting your blog - I love the title!

    ReplyDelete